Health and Safety Job Description: The In-House Services and Estates (IHSE) team are custodians of the parliamentary estate. Operating through the lens of customer delivery, the team’s purpose is to ensure; welcoming, safe, inclusive facilities and services which minimize environment impacts and celebrate the cultural heritage of Parliament.
The Assistant Director of Health and Safety will be part of a new IHSE Health & Safety team and will report to the newly appointed Director of Health & Safety IHSE. As a new post this presents a unique opportunity to be a part of the development and delivery of the IHSE health and safety strategy and its successful implementation.
As part of the IHSE H&S team the post holder will lead on the development and implementation of the IHSE health and safety arrangements, and drive excellence in the implementation of the Parliamentary Safety Management System. The post holder will work with the IHSE Director of Health and Safety to embed an effective H&S culture within IHSE and supporting its operating model to ensure continual improvement and innovative processes while promoting a lifecycle approach to H&S.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Chartered Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health
- Proven ability to provide leadership, set strategic objectives, develop and motivate teams to deliver results. Promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion and supporting others in the delivery of their roles.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to facilitate senior-level group discussions and develop internal communication material.
- Applies a range of analytical techniques to understand complex issues and make strategic decisions. Effectively manages a variety of safety issues and non-compliances, whilst complying with legislative requirements, safety principles and best practice.