Full Job Description
Building Safety Regulatory Lead
Office, Field and Home Based (working across the East Midlands, East of England, London, North East England, North West England, Scotland, South East England, South West England, Wales, West Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber)
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is Britain’s national regulator for workplace health and safety. We’re dedicated to protecting people and places, ensuring everyone can lead safer and healthier lives at work.
We are establishing a new Building Safety Regulator (BSR), aiming to ensure that people living in high-risk buildings are safe and feel safe. It will serve as a lasting tribute to those who have lost their lives due to poor and substandard buildings and will help ensure tragedies of such proportions as Grenfell are consigned to the past.
We are now looking for a Building Safety Regulatory Lead to join our BSR Team on a full-time, permanent basis.
– Salary of £40,788 – £46,783 per annum (posts based in London will include an additional £4,378 London weighting allowance)
– 25 days’ annual holiday increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays and 1 day Civil Service privilege leave
– Civil Service Pension Scheme
– Flexible working options
– Family friendly policies and working hours to help balance your home life and career
– Carer friendly policies to help create a supportive working culture
– Parental leave benefits
– A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
– Learning and development tailored to your role
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with experience of risk or case management, compliance assessments in any sector, or property management including planning / design / development stages, to join our team.
You’ll be playing an integral part of our BSR Team, ensuring safety and compliance for countless buildings, protecting future generations for years to come.
Not only this, but you’ll also receive a great benefits package in return for your hard work. With an exceptional pension scheme, flexible working options to suit you and learning and development opportunities, you’ll have it all to cultivate a successful work/life balance.
We are looking for people who are leaders and able to work collaboratively with others to deliver effective regulatory compliance for High Risk Buildings (HRBs). You will have a caseload and you will be responsible for making consistent decisions on regulatory outcomes. You will use the technical and specialist analysis by the partner regulators to inform your decision and proposed actions. This will include taking enforcement action where appropriate.
As the leader of the Multi-Disciplinary Teams (MDTs), you will determine the level of scrutiny of the property required, including site visits. You will be supported by BSR case officers who will support you and the MDT partners in gathering all relevant material to enable you to make your proportionate and effective decisions.
Your performance relies on the delivery from others. You will have a key role in managing and monitoring the performance of MDT members to ensure the business objectives are being met.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
– Experience of assessing multiple sources of information, data and evidence to determine compliance against legal standards and determining appropriate actions required to secure compliance to the required standard.
– Experience of establishing professional relationships with a range of stakeholders, working in partnership with multiple stakeholders both internal and external, influencing where required to ensure outcomes are delivered.
– Ability to communicate with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity when delivering difficult messages.
– Ability to produce clear evidence-based reports for a range of stakeholders.
– Experience of risk / case management, compliance assessments in any sector, or property management including planning / design / development stages.
– Minimum level 5 qualification in any subject.
The closing date for this role is 23rd February 2024.
So, if you’re looking for a meaningful role as a Regulatory Lead, please apply via the button shown.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,788.00-£46,783.00 per year
- Company pension
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person