ERM is seeking motivated Consultants to join our team in the UK with demonstrable experience within Environmental Health and Safety to start ASAP. The successful individual will help international clients improve their environmental, health, safety performance and meet their sustainability objectives. A dynamic and inspiring team operating in an exciting work environment provides you learning and development opportunities.
• Assess environmental, health, safety (EHS) performance at industrial facilities;
• Prepare concise reports that describe compliance, potential EHS liability risks, and operational status of industrial facilities;
• Assist clients to implement follow-up actions to meet EHS expectations;
• Use your expertise to help clients reduce their carbon or water footprint and achieve their sustainability goals;
• Communicate with clients and with ERM colleagues globally.
In order to be able to take on this responsibility you will be trained on the job with the aim to manage projects and ensure quality standards on deliverables.
• Bachelors 2:1 and Master degree in engineering, environmental science, industrial safety, or related discipline;
• Proficiency in MS Office
• 0-2 experience of the EHS-field (through work experience and academics);
• Ability to produce detailed and coherent written reports;
• Client focused, able to develop and maintain long-term client relationships;
• Excellent English language skills, both verbal and writing. Fluency in another language is beneficial, but not mandatory.
• Motivated, enthusiastic, team player;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Quick learner, eye for detail, driven working ethic;
• Able to work independently; at client locations, with minimal supervision;
Please include a cover letter with your CV, outlining why you are interested in a career in consulting within EHS, and what skills and behaviors you believe are critical to be successful in this role. Please also indicate your preferred UK office location and start date.
What We Offer
With a robust career framework in place, ERM is able to offer great opportunities for candidates just entering job market to advance their career within the business. Structured training around project management, core consulting skills development amongst other topics are offered to support our colleagues’ professional development as we continue to expand our teams across the UK & Ireland. ERM has a collaborative culture where entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and we offer flexible working.
If you are an enthusiastic team player, ambitious, hardworking, with a willingness to succeed, then we want to hear from you.
ERM aims to build an “inclusive culture” by identifying, acquiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce which reflects the diverse global marketplace in which we operate, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious preference, sexual orientation, physical attributes, educational background
Whilst we are amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will initially be home-based. In due course, and when it is safe to do so, the role will revert to back to an ERM office