We provide digital and technology services to our Armed Forces, ensuring they can operate securely via radio, satellite, and the internet. Operating at scale, with an annual budget in excess of £2Bn and a diverse team of 2,500 colleagues, we’re aiming to make our Armed Forces some of the most technologically advanced in the world. To do that we’re growing our capabilities in disciplines like data science, automation and cyber security. If you can see yourself contributing to the world of Defence digital and technology, the next chapter of your career may be with us.
This position is advertised at 37 hours per week.
You will act as the Health, Safety and Environmental Protection (HS&EP) advisor for Defence Digital (DD) senior staff for a nominated directorate (in accordance with the Defence Digital Safety Health and Environment Management System-SHEMS), providing regular performance assurance updates to top management and supporting other directorates as directed.
• You will act as HS&EP advisor to Head of Establishment for a nominated site, maintaining HS&EP management system policies and procedures
• You will manage and review the implementation of the Defence Digital Health, Safety and Environmental Protection System within your area of responsibility, ensuring specialist advice and support to Defence Digital staff and top management is available when requested
• You will actively participate in the Defence Digital HS&EP Audit program by undertaking lead auditor and audit team rolls, drafting reports, collating accurate evidence and developing less experienced members of the audit team
• You will react to incidents appropriately to reduce the possibility of harm occurring in the future and ensuring they are reported; proportionate investigations are undertaken in accordance with policy and lessons learned promulgated to all stakeholders effectively
• You will promote a positive health and safety culture through proactive engagement with stakeholders.
NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent H&S qualification. Please detail in your supporting statement what equivalent qualifications you hold. Please note these should be current/ in date.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Changing and Improving
Communicating and Influencing
Developing Self and Others
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• Flexible working patterns for a work/life balance
• A modern well-equipped workplace with on-site restaurant, coffee shops and sports facilities
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
• Generous leave allocation
• Please see Benefits Leaflet attached for additional benefits.