Department: Safety & Stewarding
Term: Permanent, Part Time
Location: St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium, Birmingham, B9 4RL
Hours of work: 24hrs plus Matchdays
Application Closing Date: 10/06/2021 (Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced).
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Safety Administration Assistant to join our Safety & Stewarding department to . The Deputy Safety Office will assist the Safety officer to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, the safety of everyone attending events, in accordance with the General Safety Certificate terms and conditions and the Club Spectator Safety Policy. All references to the Safety Officer in such documentation, will apply to the Deputy Safety Officer in the absence of the Safety Officer.
• Must be familiar with the match day commitments of the Safety Officer and in the event of the Safety Officer’s absence during an event be in a position to assume the responsibilities of the Safety Officer to the exclusion of all other duties. In this case to have contingency plans in place to ensure all other Deputy Safety Officer duties and procedures can go ahead with other staff.This is subject to receiving the Safety Advisory Groups (SAG) approval.
• Will be familiar with the principles of the General Safety Certificate, the Spectator Safety Policy, and the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds and assist the Safety Officer in ensuring that the provisions of these documents are complied with.
• Match preparation to include liaison with regulatory bodies such as the Local Authorities, the Sports Grounds Safety Authority, West Midlands Police, Fire and Ambulance services, etc.
• Provide relevant information to the Safety Administration Assistant to prepare all matchday paperwork prior to an event.
• The Deputy Safety Officer will have a specific responsibility for monitoring the implementation of Club Safety during an event and bring to the attention of the Safety Officer any Health and Safety issues which occur.
• The Deputy Safety Officer shall keep the Safety Officer informed of how the Club Spectator Safety Policy is being implemented and make recommendations for amendments to the policy.
• The Deputy Safety Officer will take an active role in assisting the Safety Advisor in recruiting, interviewing, training and assessment of Stewards in close liaison with the HR department.
• Will attend the pre-match and post-match briefing/de-briefings on behalf of the Safety Officer when required.
• Post-match duties to include liaison with relevant authorities, dealing with complaints/issues.
• After each event the Deputy Safety Officer shall advise the Safety Officer of any lessons learnt which should be taken into account when planning the next fixture.
• Will liaise with the Safety Administration Assistant and Chief Steward to ensure that sufficient stewards have been scheduled to work in line with the General Safety Certificate and have reported for duty and are deployed properly.
• Ensure that all Stewards have scanned in/out appropriately and records of their attendance are properly maintained to be submitted to payroll by the Safety Administration Assistant.
• Will liaise with the Chief Steward/Turnstile Manager to ensure that sufficient turnstile and gate personnel have reported for duty, scanned in appropriately and records of their attendance are properly maintained.
• NVQ level 4 in Spectator Safety.
Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of working within spectator/crowd safety.
• Excellent planning skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• The ability to create, implement, develop and interpret policies as required.
• Fully computer literate – including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge or experience within the general Health and Safety industry or relevant Health & Safety qualifications.
• Well organised, able to prioritise workload whilst being flexible and able to cope with the unexpected or unplanned.
• Personable and approachable with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Thinks broadly and strategically.
• Remains focused on responsibilities and objectives.
• Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times.
• Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community