Location : Blyth, UK Role overview
NG Bailey currently have an opportunity for a Divisional Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Advisor to join our team. The purpose of this role is to provide SHE support across Yorkshire, the North East and Scotland for an initial 12 month period, but will move onto a major flagship project delivering circa £150m MEP work on a brand new battery manufacturing plant in Blyth, Northumberland. Supporting the Divisional SHE Manager and Senior Leadership Team by providing pro-active professional support and guidance on all Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) issues, promoting a commitment to continuous improvement at both Divisional and Group level.
- Provide Health and Safety leadership and guidance to ensure that the Safety First and Foremost message is visible and alive throughout all the activities undertaken within the region and support personnel to; understand their specific SHE Policy duties, and in addressing any SHE matters causing a concern.
- Ensure that pro-active and reactive inspections of all assigned workplaces are regularly undertaken and there is compliance to the Company SHE Policy / Procedures. Make recommendations to both employed and Supply Chain members to correct and/or improve the overall SHE performance and that actions are effectively implemented. Ensure adequate SHE inspection levels are maintained in the Region. Support any external audits and necessary accreditation schemes required by the Region.
- Monitor and report on project SHE performance and support the SHE Manager to produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports to communicate overall Group and Divisional SHE performance. Produce the Regional SHELT slide deck for report at the meeting.
- Undertake Kelvin Topset Investigations as directed by the SHE Manager and report in line with the 2-2-2 process. Review SHE related accidents / incidents, and ensure that appropriate levels of investigations are carried out, all necessary Learning & Corrective actions are captured, communicated, understood, and actions are in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support the development of processes and solutions for known SHE problems/concerns and report to SHE Manager on innovation to ensure consistency across the regions. Ensure campaigns are implemented as necessary to improve performance.
- Support the Supply Chain SHE performance reviews. Ensure SHE alerts and knowledge shares are communicated to the NGB supply chain.
- Good knowledge of SHE legislation, and an understanding of industry leading “best practice” and/or recognised standards, within relevant sector.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety (OHSAS 18001)
- Good report writing/IT skills and excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing teams and supporting management on a national or regional scale
- NEBOSH general or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
For more information please apply with a full CV and salary expectations.
We are one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
You will be working as part of a team, we’re committed to creating a culture where we treat each other fairly and with respect, recognising everyone as an individual.
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.
Job Type Full time
Contract Type Permanent