Full Job Description
Provision of expert EHS knowledge and pragmatic advice to support the business, both on-site and remotely, across all aspects of EHS.
- Proactively analyse data for trends to identify and prioritise problem areas. Identify gaps in the EHS Management System to ensure continued compliance with strategic objectives and targets and to support the justification for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Lead and provide project management skills to support agreed improvement projects.
- Assist with the continued development of the EHS management and reporting system, ensuring documents are relevant, controlled, and up to date.
- Manage the collection, validation, and analysis of reactive and proactive data necessary to establish performance against EHS indicators and ensure the timely preparation of reports to satisfy the business reporting schedules.
- Support project managers and site lead in the creation and implementation of EHS Plans for projects, sites, and TGW-owned facilities.
- Facilitate the investigation of EHS events to an appropriate level. Ensure reporting and communication requirements are met from a company, country level, and legal perspective. Contribute to the generation of learning outputs such as EHS bulletins and ensure a professional level of client feedback takes place. Raise awareness and coach the organisation on investigation techniques and the process for returning personnel to work safely.
- Perform audits and inspections in line with the TGW audit program to ensure implementation of the EHS management system and compliance against legal or other requirements.
- Monitor EHS actions through to closure that arise from investigations, audits, or other sources.
- Undertake TGWNE level, activity, equipment specific, or specialised (e.g. chemical) risk assessments and support with contractor submissions or site level assessments as required.
- Support the EHS element of the supplier approval process and provide expertise on the company’s online EHS management system that holds the approved vendor list.
- Provide EHS support with customer tenders and pre-qualification questionnaires.
- Support core business in communication and consultation through EHS committee meetings, working groups such as Health and Wellbeing, and through EHS representatives on TGW sites.
- Assist in the creation and testing of emergency response arrangements.
- Maintain accreditations and certifications for EHS assessment organisations.
- Deliver EHS-based training where required.
What you’ll need
- Level 3 Health and Safety Qualification as a minimum requirement.
- Environmental and sustainability awareness.
- Understanding of European legislation.
- Competent in undertaking audits, investigations and effective problem solving.
- Understanding of ISO management system standards applicable to EHS.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Previous experience in the engineering industry or with automation systems and equipment.
- Flexibility to travel extensively and respond with timely EHS support across Northern Europe.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and ability to learn online company EHS related systems.
- Level 6 Health and Safety qualification or working towards.
- Level 3 environmental qualification.
- Recognised qualification relating to sustainability or similar field.
- Chartered status or working towards.
- Knowledgeable on international legislation.
- Other specialist qualifications that would complement the role such as construction related, temporary works, lifting operations, electrical or machinery safety etc.
We offer a competitive salary and car allowance plus a comprehensive benefits package, which includes 25 25-day annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, access to our free gym, and a Medical cashback program.