Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Officer
The EHS Officer’s primary role will be to support the EHS function within the Aerogen Shannon facility. The successful candidate will report into the EHS Specialist and will be tasked with coordinating internal EHS inspections, managing the company’s risk assessment program, within the Aerogen Shannon site, and scheduling or undertaking essential EHS training requirements to include employee induction. Additionally, the chosen candidate will be expected to assist the EHS Specialist with facility & maintenance related requirements throughout the Aerogen Shannon Facility as and when required.
• Undertake & maintain Aerogen Shannon’s EHS Risk Assessment program to ensure control measures have been established and implemented with the purpose of reducing overall risk on-site.
• Undertake EHS inspections as part of a fixed schedule with findings being actioned & closed out in a timely manner.
• Assist with the Accident/Incident Investigation procedure should an incident occur on the Aerogen Shannon site.
• Co-ordinate EHS Training requirements and deliver EHS Induction training.
• Work in conjunction with the EHS Specialist to develop and maintain EHS controls and procedures within the Aerogen Shannon footprint.
• Support the EHS Specialist with the management and delivery of EHS initiatives within the company.
• Compile site specific EHS KPI’s and report to the EHS Specialist for review and action if required.
• Liaise with line managers/shift supervisors by acting as a “coach” in terms of assisting to change/maintain a strong safety culture on-site.
• Hold weekly EHS meetings with the EHS Specialist to review current performance on the Aerogen Shannon site.
• Meet company EHS objectives & targets aswell as individual performance O&T’s to enable continued personal development.
• Perform other assigned tasks and support all aspects of Facilities Management as directed by the EHS Specialist.
• Third Level EHS Qualification or equivalent.
• The succesful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Good problem-solving and ability to resolve issues quickly ensuring all EHS compliance requirements are met.
• Specific knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Law, Hazards & Risks within a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of safety practices.
• Knowledge of occupational health and safety hazards.
• Knowledge of environmental issues surrounding waste management.
• Confidentiality in all matters.
• An assertive but calm demeanor.
• Professional approach coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal, written communication. and presentation skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Meticulous attention to detail while also conveying a sense of urgency.
• Ability to work on own initiative with direction provided.
• Ability to work in and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements.
• Ability to plan to consistently achieve deliverables and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers at all times.
• Strong problem-solving capability, possessing a demonstrated capacity to identify problem root causes, deliver solutions, risk assess.
• Flexibility to work/travel between sites as and when required.
• Manufacturing & Office environments