Environmental Health Technician (Perth Kinross Council)
02nd Jun, 2021 Read time 2 minutes

Environmental Health Technician (Perth Kinross Council)

Company Website: https://www.pkc.gov.uk/
Location: Scotland
Last Updated: 4th June 2021
Environmental Health Technician PKC07380
£26,372 – £29,225
Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth PH1 5GD
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working for the Council’s Regulatory Services team. Working in Perth and Kinross offers a dynamic and interesting environment. We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic candidate to enhance our team. You will be based within the Private Water Supply team.

The role will include carrying out risk assessment of private water supplies. You will also be required to undertake routine samples required by the Water Intended for Human Consumption (Private Supplies) (Scotland) Regulations 2017. You will also be required to arrange the transport and maintain associated documents in line with procedures and arrangements for sample submissions. Therefore you should have a current driving licence. You will also be expected to assess and administer improvement grants to eligible users on private water supplies.
Applicants must be educated to Standard grade level or equivalent in English and a Science subject. The candidate requires to be a skilled individual who can demonstrate initiative and take responsibility for decisions to achieve required results. You should have some administrative experience and have good communication and inter-personal skills. There is a requirement to have some knowledge of relevant private water supply legislation and associated guidance. You should be able to demonstrate effective communications in a range of circumstances.
Further information available from the Regulatory Service Manager, Robert Lyle [email protected]
When completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide current contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees, one should be your present or most recent employer. However, if you are an existing employee of Perth & Kinross Council, you are only required to provide reference details for your current employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.

Become a HSE Network Member

Join and be part of a growing network of more than 6,000 HSE Professionals and experts in the field of Health and Safety who are helping to improve best practise and knowledge around the world.

For unlimited access

icon Unlimited access to all HSE videos, insights, articles, and podcasts
icon Your questions answered - Gain access to our advisory council
icon Access to our weekly newsletter to stay up to date with the latest health and safety news
icon Invitation to health and safety events and networking groups

Brands who we work with

Sign up to our newsletter
Keep up to date with all HSE news and thought leadership interviews