Health Safety and Environmental Manchester, England, United Kingdom
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, environment and security is safeguarded.
About Health, Safety & Environment and Your Role
The Health, Safety and Environment team ensure that we operate safe working environments for all THG employees and visitors. The team provide on-site support to ensure risks are managed in a timely fashion, as well as completing audits and checks to so the business meets all health, safety and environment-related legislative requirements. The Group Director of HSE is a Group level function reporting to the Group Director of Risk. You will be responsible for executing and delivering a strategic approach to Health, Safety and Environment across multiple business functions including fulfilment, warehousing, operations, manufacturing, aviation, hotels, spas, studios, offices, THG Experience and data centres. You will be involved with the HSE of major projects globally across various territories (UK, APAC, US, EMEA). You will be required to develop, influence, manage and promote a positive HSE culture across the group to ensure the safety across THG. As Group Director of HSE you will have relevant experience at a similar level with a proven ability of delivering a successful safety programme within a diverse risk profile. You will be extremely passionate about Health, Safety and Environment with strong leadership and influencing skills.
• Provide board assurance on THG HSE Performance, vision and objectives.
• Working closely with Senior Management teams to develop a clear direction for the HSE strategy to support the business objectives across the diverse services, business divisions and geographical mix.
• Manage the development, implementation and management of systems to continually improve HSE across the business.
• Devise HSE strategies and associated compliance programmes with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for THG Group wide portfolio.
• Lead the development of Health, Safety and Environment policies, ensuring they are effectively executed.
• Implement industry best practice on leading a safety programme.
• Ensure policies are periodically reviewed by independent expert 3rd parties.
• Report on the top HSE risks within the company and ensure the risk register is updated.
• Ensure the HSE Governance framework is managed and maintained and Chair the Group HSE Committee.
• Review and make changes to working practices to ensure they are safe and comply with relevant legislation.
• Ensure all HSE related incidents are investigated thoroughly and clear recommendations are provided to stakeholders.
• Provide monthly reports to Exec level on Group HSE performance
• Line management of HSE Group Heads.
• Ensure all safety training is suitable and sufficient to meet all legal obligations
• Responsible for the business response to all third-party safety requests from relevant third parties such as the HSE, EA or Local Authorities
• Manage Merges & Acquisitions in terms of HSE due diligence, HSE Legal Compliance Audit, integration plans and oversight of completion action plans.
• Ensure HSE department/sites are resourced adequately according to the needs of the business and risk profile.
• Develop insightful recommendations to address complex operational and strategic HSE issues/findings.
• Provide professional expert HSE advice and guidance to the Global HSE Team and relevant stakeholders.
• Provide HSE input into the HSE risk register for THG.
• Any other relevant duties required by the role in relation to HSE
• Chartered Member of IOSH
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent academic degree
• NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational, Health & Safety
• Lead Auditor/Internal Auditor ISO 45001, 14001, 9001 is desirable
• Environmental qualification such as IEMA Foundation Certificate or equivalent
• 10 Years’ experience in a role at a similar level covering diverse risk profile
• Previous experience working managing and leading a team and major projects
• Effective people skills, and influencing change
The Hut Group collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.