Group Safety, Health & Environmental (HSE) Manager
£45,000.00 – £48,000.00 per annum
The role is for a Group Safety Health & Environmental Manager working for a market leading manufacturer of precision engineered and pressed products based in Birmingham. You will be responsible for providing leadership, coaching & oversight to the Health, Safety and Environmental department to ensure compliance.
• Ensuring Quality, Health & Safety regulations are always upheld and adhered to.
• Responsible for policy, training & reporting, ensuring legal & regulatory compliance, SHE budgetary control, risk management & reduction. Provides insight and actively challenges/coaches leadership team on decisions
• Ensure Group execution of SHE & risk management systems. This should include business continuity planning across sites internationally.
• Participating in the auditing, risk identification, sharing of corrective actions for continuous improvement and incident prevention to enable leading SHE performance in incident avoidance & reduction
• Develop, lead, & coordinate short, medium, long-term activities and preventative strategies/programs to enhance the SHE culture, reduce site risk, drive wellbeing & engagement for site.
• Provide advice and support for incident escalation, investigation, analysis and follow-up. Analyse accident / site incident / risk patterns. Translating SHE & risk data and losses into actionable insights.
• Manage all aspects of Occupational Health within the group.
The ideal candidate for the role will have the following attributes; Preferably you will have at least three years of experience in a HSE management role in a similar business (chemicals, occupational health, explosives, dangerous goods, duty products or pharma) & will be heavily involved in ongoing development and implementation of procedures from the ground up.
• Safety, Environmental qualification, e.g. NEBOSH, CIEH, IEMA.
• Must have Engineering or Manufacturing experience with progressive Health, Safety & Environmental responsibility.
• Auditor experience in a similar environment.
• Must be able to develop and lead HSE projects from start to finish.
• Extensive risk analysis experience.
• TPM experience preferred.
• Business process review and audit experience: ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001.
The company is a well-established prestigious manufacturer based in the Birmingham area. Operating out of a clean and modern engineering environment. This is a straight permanent role with transparent progression available from day one to help you get to the next level.
To be considered for this role please send your CV via this advert ASAP