Job Title: Health and Safety Compliance Officer
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent.
King Lifting is an internationally recognised provider of crane hire and plant and machinery movement solutions across multiple industry sectors from depots across the UK. We are a family-owned business and proud of our brand and our success within our sector.
We are currently seeking a Health & Safety Compliance Officer to join our busy fast-paced Health & Safety Department. Reporting to the QEHS Director you will be based at our Head Office in Avonmouth, you will support and manage the administration for business compliance processes, procedures, policies, and systems and all relevant safety, environmental, legal, best practice, and internal procedures for the entire King Lifting business. This will be required at HQ, across the depots, and across site operations.
General Duties will include:
• Supporting internal and external audits and inspections including client sites.
• Inspecting site operations and complete inspection reports.
• Ensuring operators are fully compliant when arriving on site to include current licences, training and up to date medicals.
• Managing internal and external accreditation / client approval portals.
• Managing internal supply partner and sub-contractor approvals.
• Analysing data, and preparing management inspections, audits, reports, and data.
The ideal applicant will have:
A minimum of 2 years’ working experience within a high risk construction, infrastructure, civils, or utility sector in a similar role with excellent organisational, communication, and IT skills. They will be confident in their ability to constructively challenge the perceived norms, a self-starter who is motivated, flexible, and analytical with great attention to detail. Being able to quickly build good working relationships and rapport across a diverse staff and supply partner base. They will must also be calm, co-operative, and professional with the ability to work well under pressure when required.
• Previous working experience within a safety role would be an advantage.
• Previous experience in the mobile crane plant movement sector would be an advantage.
• Hold some kind of formal safety / environmental training / qualification would be an advantage although this will be arranged for the right passionate candidate.
In return you will receive:
• Competitive salary dependent on your skills and experience.
• Generous holiday allowance.
• Company pension.
• Life assurance.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Must be eligible to work in UK (King Lifting will not sponsor anyone for this role).
• Must hold a full clean UK Driving License (must have held for two years of more).
To apply, please note:
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK, you must hold a full / clean UK driving license. Please note that if you do not receive a response within 14 days of submitting your application (CV & Covering Letter), please assume you have been unsuccessful, we thank you for your interest.
King Lifting are looking for someone with health and safety experience, however we would consider transferrable skills in someone who has a passion to the health and safety sector who can adequately demonstrate why they wish the health and safety sector to be their next career move.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Human Resources Executive, Governance Officer, Corporate Compliance, Quality Administrator, Quality Assurance, Audit Administrator, Quality Assurance Administrator, Quality Control Coordinator, Compliance Administrator, Compliance Assistant, Compliance Supervisor will also be considered for this role