AKW Global Warehousing are looking for an experienced HSE Manager to provide HSE support for the business across three sites in the Manchester area. The person must have a background in manufacturing and or logistics and warehousing and ideally experience of working within a COMAH regulated facility. This role will report directly to the Operations Director with dotted line reporting into all AKW Directors and the Kinaxia Group HSEQ Manager.
This is a hands-on role; however, the individual will be expected to provide input into strategic planning of HSE management for AKW.
We are a successful well-established Warehousing and Logistics company that is part of Kinaxia Logistics Group, offering excellent opportunities for individuals who enjoy a challenging and a fast-paced working environment.
• Additional benefits:
• Life Assurance
• Full Uniform and PPE
• Onsite Parking
• Cycle to work scheme
• Loyalty Awards (recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service)
• Employee benefits and discounts across a range of top brands (including shopping, travel, motoring and days out)
Key Roles & Responsibilities include:
• Point of contact for all HSE matters at AKW across multi sites (within the Manchester region).
• Acting as competent person for the business providing support and advising management on all HSE matters.
• Liaising with Group HSEQ Manager and central compliance team.
• Undertaking risk assessments and developing safe systems of work etc
• Supporting the development of a positive HSE culture across the organisation, so we become an industry leader.
• Input into bids and tender documents as required.
• Ensure Customer audits and corporate responsibility and other customer standards are understood and adhered to.
• Client liaison on all HSE matters.
• Promotion of Health & Wellbeing initiatives so staff across all sites.
• Identifying areas of concern and supporting line managers.
• Taking part in health and safety meetings and committee and employee consultation.
• Ensure compliance with all current HSE legislation and applicable standards.
• Promote and support near miss reporting.
• Perform/support site HSE inspections and audits.
• Monitor and ensure corrective actions are closed out as required.
• Undertaking and supporting accident and incident investigations.
• Ensure the company meets its environmental obligations and is environmentally compliant. all projects are meeting environmental obligations.
• Producing and reporting of KPI`s.
• Identifying areas where ‘lean principals’ can be applied.
• Keeping up to date with changes in HSE legislation and best practice and communicating this information to the site management.
• Developing and delivering HSE and identifying training requirements.
• Ensure safe contractor management and permit to work systems.
Key Skills and qualifications required:
• Strong background in HSE management within manufacturing and or warehousing and logistics.
• Pick and Pack Operation experience would be advantageous.
• Experience in Lower Tier COMAH Chemical Warehousing is desirable.
• Knowledge and experience of ISO 45001, 14001, 9001.
• Auditing preferably to ISO 14001 ISO 45001, 9001
• Excellent communicator with a natural ability for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• You will have the ability to use a wide range of techniques to influence change at all levels of the organisation.
• Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health (or equivalent) preferably working towards a diploma or equivalent.
• Strong understanding of safety management systems and H&S legislations.
• Minimum Tech IOSH, preferably Grad IOSH or CMIOSH.
• Experience in incident investigation and auditing.
• Lead auditor qualifications in any of the above would be advantageous.
For more information, please visit the Kinaxia Website: https://www.kinaxia.co.uk