Health and Safety Manager
Manchester or Northampton
As a Barclays Health and Safety Manager – Assurance you will manage the Group’s H&S assurance, performance and minimum requirements activities including auditing, legal compliance, risk controls and risk control testing, and the contractor safety programme. This is an entirely new role within Barclays and it truly is an exciting time to join the H&S team. With a mandate to effect change, this senior role in Barclays will excel in the development and delivery of resilient solutions.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Managing and administering the H&S Assurance (including legal compliance), H&S Performance and H&S Global Minimum Requirements programmes
• Ensuring relationships exists between ‘Barclays H&S Service’ Global H&S team and the Regional H&S teams, the CRES (Corporate Real Estate Solutions) functional pillars
• Ensuring assurance requirements are identified and procedures designed to support Barclays efforts to minimise harm to people’s risk and achieve external certification
• Providing Barclays senior leadership with data that accurately reflects Barclays H&S performance
• Ensuring that H&S vendors/partners deliver quality and value for money when providing their services to assigned functions
• Conducting periodic supplier risk evaluations
• Representing the CRES H&S assurance service across the business
What we’re looking for:
• Level 6 health and safety qualification, such as NEBOSH Diploma or BSc and GradIOSH membership of IOSH (minimum)
• Working knowledge of OHSAS18001/ISO45001 H&S standards
• Skilled at data analysis, and possesses excellent report writing skills for a corporate audience
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Level 7 health and safety related qualification such as an MSc
• Chartered membership of IOSH and working knowledge of ISO14001
• Certificated lead auditor/auditor for OHSAS18001/ISO45001
• Skilled facilitator and experience of managing programmes/projects
Where will you be working?
Based in our Manchester office, which is in the heart of the city centre. Offering a modern working environment, with restaurants, bars and gyms just a stone’s throw away from the office.
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we’ve been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.