To facilitate compliance with legislative, corporate and other requirements in relation to Health and Safety.
To assist in the co-ordination of all activities related to the implementation, development and maintenance of the Safety Management Systems (SMS) for VolkerFitzpatrick.
• To ensure that the requirements of the SMS are being applied on site and administrative offices for the business, by means of periodic inspection, audits and meetings.
• Monitoring and facilitating compliance to the SMS and the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001:2007
• To provide information, training and instruction and task-specific advice to operational and managerial personnel.
• Training and induction of staff into the documented safety management systems.
• Raising health & safety awareness and responsibility throughout VolkerFitzpatrick.
• Co-ordinate and complete internal health & safety planning meetings, inspections and audits for VolkerFitzpatrick.
• Contribute to the review and revision of health & safety policies, plans, documented procedures and forms.
• Facilitate the production of health & safety related performance information, including but not restricted to corporate and health & safety objectives.
• To lead accident / investigation and implementation, supporting project investigation to ensure timely investigation and implementation of effective improvement / preventive measures.
• To provide assistance to Business Development for health & safety aspects of pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders.
• Promote innovation and continuous improvement.
• Support the Head of HSEQS for VolkerFitzpatrick and Shared Services in achieving corporate, legislative and other requirements.
Skills & experience
• Rail experience essential
• Strong knowledge of Network Rail standards
• Strong knowledge of lifting operations desirable
• CMIOSH or working towards (GradIOSH)
• Strong communication skills
• Diplomacy and ability to prioritise risks
• Able to explain standards effectively to internal and external stakeholders
• Negotiation, influencing skills and stakeholder engagement
• Commitment to innovation and promotion of industry best practice
Competitive salary plus excellent benefit package