Responsible to: Head Porter
Responsibility: To proactively advise Fellows, Heads of Departments, students and staff at King’s College and Trinity Hall on the maintenance of fire, health and safety policies and procedures that promote a culture of safe working practices across the Colleges. To provide specialist advice, coaching and practical support.
Salary: £38,684.00 per annum plus benefits
Contract type: Permanent, full-time, 37.5 hours per week to be worked between King’s College (50%) and Trinity Hall (50%)
We are seeking to appoint a Health & Safety Advisor to work equally between King’s College and Trinity Hall.
The ideal candidate will have a NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (desirable) and equivalent IOSH Certificate (essential), as well as relevant Fire Safety Certificates.
You should also have:
- Good negotiating skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Auditing skills (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal and good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Able to organise, schedule and lead audits, liaison meetings and working groups
- Competent in all areas of expertise
Previous experience in a Health and Safety role is essential.
- 32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays and Christmas closure period)
- Car parking (when available)
- Meals on duty
- Healthcare cash plan
Applications should be made on the form provided on our website, including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs. You should include under ‘general comments’ examples of relevant tasks in previous roles, showing how you meet the Person Specification. Completion of the Equal Opportunities form is optional.
Application deadline: 11/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,684.00 per year
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday