Our Client, an NI based, UK wide, leading Building and Civil engineering contractor, are currently looking to employ an experienced and ambitious Health & Safety Advisor on site in Birmingham
Project Values £20million +
Good competitive packages available for the right candidates £40-45k
The Health & Safety Advisor reports directly to the SHEQ Director and will liaise with the Project Manager and site team and is responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety on site in accordance with Company policy and relevant statutory provisions. The Health & Safety Advisor must lead by example and serve as a role model in mobilising the team and ensuring the highest standards of health & safety are adopted throughout.
· Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
· Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
· Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority;
· Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site;
· Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required for the Client’s Employees;
· Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc;
· Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for the client and Sub-Contractors personnel;
· Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statements are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
· Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
· Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
· Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping the SHEQ Director and Site Manager updated;
· Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated;
· Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
· Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential (NEBOSH)
· With 2/3+ years’ experience in the construction industry, ideally working for a main contractor.
· Previous experience managing safety on a similar project.
· Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain invaluable experience with a UK wide contractor on multi-million pound projects It is vital that you are committed to an active site based role.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
Benefits: Company pension
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person