We have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Compliance Manager to join our G4S team across our somerset sites. You will be responsible for ensuring that all G4S site operatives and contractors work in a safe, considerate and compliant manner across the NNB sites and all associated development sites where work is being carried out.
• Create, maintain, promote and review on a regular basis a safe environment for all activities associated in delivery of the project.
• Provide expert advice to the Security Infrastructure team on all levels of Health, Safety, Environmental and Compliance matters.
• Maintain (in collaboration with line management), all appropriate policies and procedures to ensure all statutory requirements are complied with.
• To ensure that the Customer’s Health and Safety culture continues to be ingrained within the culture of the G4S Security Infrastructure team.
• To act as the lead figure in liaising with the Customer’s and other Contractor’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Compliance teams on a daily basis.
• To proactively interact with other site based teams, ensuring an efficient running of the sites operation.
• In conjunction with the Installation and Service Leads, to assist in the production of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and other documentation as required to gain Permits to Work in a timely manner
• To ensure regular workplace inspections and audits are undertaken to ensure safe working conditions.
• To ensure all mandatory staff training certification is up to date with refresher training completed in a timely manner and provide practicable training and instruction in Health, Safety and Compliance matters to all levels of staff as required.
• Implementation and monitoring of rigorous site Document Control and Health and Safety Policies, proactively highlighting areas of potential non-compliance
• Attend Commissioning and Handover meetings to audit and ensure all systems are installed in compliance with recognised NSI Standards and that documentation is completed by the Installation and Service teams in a timely manner.
• Conduct routine Audits on Maintenance activities to ensure all works (Planned and Reactive) are carried out in compliance with recognised NSI Standards and appropriately recorded.
• Liaison with specialist external contractors to ensure systems and equipment comply with associated industry and safety standards.
• Responsible for the production and continual development of the “whole life site documentation”, from Design / Concept documents through to As-Installed information.
• In conjunction with the Site Administrator, ensuring both paper and electronic based administration systems are kept up to date in line with agreed contractual KPI’s
• Assist Project Director and Operations Director in the gathering of information as and when required including daily, weekly and monthly reporting packs around agreed KPI’s.
• Provide Line Management to the CAD Technician, in support of the production of the site As-Installed documentation.
• Management of Site Vehicles, including liaison with G4S Fleet with regard to Serving, Repairs, Replacement and ensuring Roadworthiness at all times.
• Assist with the co-ordination of the daily / weekly / monthly routine work schedules and general support within the Security Infrastructure management team
What we’re looking for.
• A Qualified Health and Safety Professional with a minimum of 2 years’ experience and working within a similar environment as to G4S or an experienced Security Systems Engineer with a good understanding of NSI and Health Safety standards and a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• Experience in environments such as Major Construction, Nuclear, Power Generation, Oil/Gas or Aviation a distinct advantage
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Fluent in written and spoken English with good communication skills.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills with high attention to detail
• Able to obtain a full security clearance and 5 Year checkable work history
• Right to work unrestricted in the UK/EU
• Full UK Driving Licence, maximum of 6 Points
G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is part of G4S Secure Solutions (UK), the UK’s largest private provider of security solutions. G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is the leading integrator of fire and security solutions with a fully accredited 24 x 7 monitoring centre for fire, security and location-based services, protecting everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organisations and high security Government facilities