Full Job Description
We’re NFP and we provide services and solutions to support businesses and people. We have capabilities that extend around the globe, including here in the UK, Ireland, EMEA, APAC and North America. It’s a time of rapid growth for the European arm of the business, so we need someone to plan and execute a variety of health & safety tasks, including audits, policy and risk assessment production and training and coaching with our varied Client base, across the Midlands and surrounding areas.
Who are we and what do we do?
NFP is a leading global insurance business with four core service lines:
- employee benefits
- insurance broking and consultancy
- HR consultancy
- wealth management
With 7,400 employees worldwide, including 450 in the UK and Ireland, we’re an outstanding company whose passion for building relationships is founded on trust and communication and is at the very heart of everything we do.
What you’ll love about us
We may be a global business, but our culture is united and truly collaborative. We strive to adopt a genuinely flexible approach to working, and we have the technology to make it as easy as possible for our people around the world to connect to one another, and to be productive in and out of the office.
We want everyone to bring their best selves to work each day, so we have a relaxed and casual office environment, plus great employee benefits and socials. Joining NFP means you’ll get plenty of opportunities to invest in your career and personal development.
Attractions – NFP
- We pride ourselves on our fast-paced, collaborative, vibrant working environment and hybrid model for part-remote working
- Our PeopleFirst culture means our people work in a flexible and autonomous way and have the freedom and expertise to deliver outstanding service to clients in the way that they know-how.
- We build partnerships with organisations that can complement our client offering and we invest in new technology to deliver innovative solutions in our given markets.
- We focus on making sure that people can bring their best selves to work every day; and that they are placing as much importance on family and community as they do their valuable work.
- Our diversity and inclusion initiatives and charity work form a large part of this. NFP has an Executive Board member who is dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and has a D&I Board made up of individuals from across our entire business.
About the role
We are recruiting for a Health & Safety Consultant, to join our growing Health & Safety team, based in Worcestershire. The main purpose of a Health & Safety Consultant at Direct Safety, an NFP Company, is to plan and execute a variety of health & safety tasks, including audits, policy and risk assessment production and training and coaching with our varied Client base, across the Midlands and surrounding areas.
Overview of duties
- Carrying out health & safety audits at small to medium sized businesses using iAuditor/Safety Culture Software
- Producing reports and action plans
- Producing policies, risk assessments, COSHH assessments, safe working practices
- Helping Clients with SSIP Accreditations (CHAS, SMAS etc.)
- Developing close working relationships with Clients
- Communicating at all levels from CEO to shop floor workers
- Delivery of training and coaching
- Accident investigations
- In-house support for Clients
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role
- Experience across a range of industries and environments
- High standard of report and document writing skills
- Strong IT skills
- Full clean UK driving license – 90% of client base within the West Midlands and adjoining home counties
Education and/or Experience:
- BA or BS degree preferred or equivalent experience
- CMIOSH qualified or working towards Chartered Status with a NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ 4 or 5
Salary: Competitive depending upon experience
Hours: 35 hours Monday – Friday
Location: Worcestershire (home based – with 90% of clients based in the Midlands)
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Pension Scheme, etc