Location : Wynyard, United Kingdom Role overview
Clipper Logistics is one of the leading retail fulfilment businesses in the UK, with ability and agility at our core, our cutting edge operations allows us to provide world class customer service to customers such as John Lewis, River Island, Marks & Spencer and ,
We really care about our employees and recognise that without capable individuals working together as a unit, we would not be where we are today. We therefore offer a host of developmental and progression opportunities to ensure we nurture our people, allowing them to grow with us.
What is the purpose of the role?
The main purpose of the role is to provide full and comprehensive management to the site in respect of both maintenance and facilities management, including all aspects of health & safety and control and management of external contractors.
In this role you are responsible for –
- Ensuring H&S compliance to the highest levels, including
- Conducting risk assessments in line with legislation and procedures of the site and all working practices, where applicable
- Responsible for and to maintain control of site contractors
- Responsible (through contractors, where applicable) for the security of the site and for Clipper and customers’ goods
- Control of adhoc contractors on site
- Arranging all scheduled and ad-hoc maintenance and repairs as required on site – both inside and outside the warehouse building as budgeted, ensuring competitive pricing and compliance.
- Setting up planned maintenance schedules and procedures and to ensure they are carried out to the highest standard, in a timely and efficient manner
- Responsible for waste management, seeking environmentally friendly solutions for disposal where possible
- Development of the site Business Continuity plan (major accident plan)
- Chairing, leading and championing H&S committees
- Carrying out ad-hoc electrical maintenance
- To organise and oversee, where required, training in regulatory H&S issues for relevant individuals.
- To undertake all other tasks as reasonably requested by senior management / directors
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Must be IOSH qualified
- The ability to demonstrate a structured approach to scheduled activities
- Pro-activity is valued in using initiative and seeking ways to constantly improve standards
- To be PC literate, particularly with Microsoft Office
- Be able to work unsupervised and be able to prioritise tasks
- An effective communicator both internally and with contractors, highlighting where appropriate issues and areas for improvement.
- Ability to create & deliver presentations to customers and senior teams
- Ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact and engage staff all levels
- Ability to drive continuous improvement with a can-do attitude
- Demonstrable experience of ISO 9001 2015 implementation and maintenance
Department Health & Safety
Job Type Full time
Contract Type Full Time