Full Job Description
Contract type: Permanent
Equans Data Centers are seeking to appoint a Health & Safety Manager to support our growing Data Center in Newport.
We are committed to providing cutting edge solutions for our clients Data Center facilities and ensure that health and safety is a key element to business strategy. We operative in a truly safe environment and embrace the ‘Equans 12 Gold Rules’ as part of our daily work.
What you will deliver?
- Promoting a safety-first culture in the business and ensure compliance to the company’s Management System. Influence site management on best practice and compliance requirements.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Carrying out Audits and report on the findings and recommendations to project team and chair the Site Health and Safety Committee meetings with the Project Director.
- Carrying out accident investigations and report back to project team leader and Health & Safety Lead.
- Carrying out Tool Box Talks regarding high risk activities.
- Liaise with supply chain regularly to ensure compliance to company policies and procedures.
- Identify hazards and record on the NOC system.
- Reviewing and providing feedback to RAMS and risk assessments.
- Conducting training, lead the Bsafe program, manging records and work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health and Safety.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Drive sub-contractor performance.
What we can offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes;
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 4 times annual salary
- Company Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 2 corporate social responsibility days per year
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalised support programmes
- Attractive Employee Referral Rewards Scheme
- Access to our growing employee networks including AccessAbility (representing those with physical and mental disabilities), Encompass (representing the LGBTQ+ community), RISE (representing people from ethnic backgrounds), WOMEN TOGETHER (representing women in Equans), Working Parents, and Young Professionals.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
Who are we looking for?
- A Health & Safety professional with strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to challenge when unsafe acts or behaviours identified.
- Write weekly summaries of site conditions.
- Proficient in delivering impactful training to groups.
- Skilled in creating and developing charts and graphs for monthly reports.
- Good with Excel and Pivot Tables.
- Previous construction experience.
- Ability to work their own, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience of using PowerPoint and preparing presentations.
Who are we?
We are a strategic data center partner delivering every aspect of general contractor design, build, and commissioning for major data centers across Europe to provide new build, fit-out, complex retrofit, and upgrade through one point of contact.
Leveraging decades of experience with Bouygues Energies & Services and Equans in data centers, we deliver to every aspect of client needs through sustainability, health and safety, and wider engineering considerations. At Equans Data Centers, we’re unique in our ability to bring clients complete in-house expertise across many facets of consulting, architecture, construction, and engineering. We are a true combination of global standardisation and local on-the-ground expert teams in every key European country to ensure the right level of localisation. We have total control of our supply chain, with the robustness of a global and European leader in construction behind us. And our most highly qualified and expert teams are focused on client success above all.
This enables us to deliver data centers with the best possible quality, speed to delivery, and high repeatability and scalability – to realise client needs for cost transparency, low risk, continual availability, innovation, and certainty of planning and outcomes.
With more than 1,200 highly skilled employees, across 8 European countries, Equans has delivered over 300,000m2 of data halls, exceeding 500MW of IT space for major Data Centers providers such as VIRTUS Data Centers, Digital Reality, Equinix, Vantage Data Centers, Stack Infrastructure, Cloud HQ and many others.
Equans Data Centers is positioned to meet and exceed the increasingly demanding planning and capacity needs of hyperscaler and colocation businesses across Europe.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply, and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
At Equans we’re committed to delivering a culture where everyone’s voice is heard and supported. We know the value a diverse workforce creates, delivering better results for our people, customers, and stakeholders. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do, should you join Equans you’ll find a welcoming and open workplace where you’re supported and encouraged to be your true self at work. You’ll also have access to our growing employee networks including WiE (Women in Equans), RISE (BAME), LGBTQI+, Working Parents, YPN (Young Professionals Network) and our Disability Network.
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a re-location package with this job role. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements.
The EQUANS Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to EQUANS Managers.
Job location: Newport Monmouthshire United Kingdom