Health & Safety Manager
22nd Aug, 2023 Read time 3 minutes

Health & Safety Manager

Location: Essex
Last Updated: 22nd August 2023

Full Job Description

Calling all Health and Safety Managers! Join the Eastlight Community Homes Team!

Are you a passionate and experienced Health and Safety professional looking for a challenging and rewarding role? Look no further! At Eastlight, we are searching for a passionate Health & Safety Manager to join our dynamic team and help us shape a safer future for our community!

Your Expertise Matters.

As our Health and Safety Manager, you will play a crucial role in embedding a culture of health, safety, and wellbeing across our organization. You’ll utilize your extensive knowledge and experience to ensure compliance with regulations and best practices, while creating and implementing robust health, safety, and environmental management systems.
Key Requirements:

  • NEBOSH General certificate or equivalent (NEBOSH diploma or equivalent level 5 qualification in Occupational Health and Safety) and technical IOSH status minimum.
  • In-depth understanding of operational activities within the housing sector, including building construction and design, and their health and safety implications, including CDM processes and requirements.
  • Proficient in designing and implementing effective health, safety, and environmental management systems and excellent knowledge of current H&S legislation, guidance, and best practices.
  • Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to produce presentations and write competent reports.
  • Proven experience in a Health and Safety role, with a track record of embedding a culture of H&S and wellbeing.
  • Practical experience in operational H&S activities, preferably within the housing sector, including building construction and design, health, and safety implications, and CDM processes and requirements and experience in managing H&S in a commercial environment.
  • Proficient in producing policies, procedures, risk assessments, method statements, construction phase plans, waste management plans, and construction-based H&S documentation.

To demonstrate our commitment to you, we have developed a sector leading total rewards package.

  • £56,352 annual base salary
  • Group stakeholder pension plan (Eastlight will double, up to 4% of the employee’s contribution – Employee 4% + Eastlight 8% = Total 12%)
  • Annual wellbeing grant of £200 per annum – Subject to eligibility
  • 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
  • Trailblazing family leave [Maternity, Paternity and Adoption – 12 weeks full pay / 6 weeks half pay] – Subject to eligibility.
  • BUPA healthcare cash plan, life assurance
  • Formal qualifications and paid professional membership.
  • We truly embrace agile working; geography is never a barrier to recruiting the best person. Our Head Office is in Braintree, Essex.

At Eastlight we support, develop, and invest in our people, together creating a culture where people love to work.
There has never been a better time to join us! Click the link below to submit your CV and personal statement.
Eastlight Community Homes is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse culture, which is why we encourage applications from everyone. If you require any support with the application process, please contact .
For a confidential discussion about the position or for more information, please contact Ashni Anto ()
[Eastlight Community Homes are not currently licenced to provide visa sponsorship].
[Eastlight Community Homes are unable to provide visa sponsorship].

Application closing date: 23/Aug/2023
Interview date: 30/Aug/2023

Salary: £56,352.00 per year

Become a HSE Network Member

Join and be part of a growing network of more than 6,000 HSE Professionals and experts in the field of Health and Safety who are helping to improve best practise and knowledge around the world.

For unlimited access

icon Unlimited access to all HSE videos, insights, articles, and podcasts
icon Your questions answered - Gain access to our advisory council
icon Access to our weekly newsletter to stay up to date with the latest health and safety news
icon Invitation to health and safety events and networking groups

Brands who we work with

Sign up to our newsletter
Keep up to date with all HSE news and thought leadership interviews