Reporting directly to the EH&S Manager this is a key role in helping to control occupational risk, the Health & Safety Officer will join the current team to provide expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive health and safety culture across the Organization.
The H&S Officer will primarily be responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted. He/she will plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that the Company is required to follow and work to, in order to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries. Also, deal with all health & safety complaints/issues in a professional, efficient and confidential manner, ensuring that any non-compliance is immediately acted upon and appropriate personnel and external bodies are informed where necessary in a timely manner.
The H&S Officer will be responsible for ensuring that legislated training is carried out on a timely basis and all training records are kept up to date. This includes, but is not limited to Crane Training, Forklift Training, Welding Certification, Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, Confined Spaces, Working at Height, First Aid, and Fire Safety.
- Minimum 2 Years’ experience in a similar role in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Qualified in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Environmental qualification/experience would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge and experience of implementing and managing Hazard Identification and Risk Management processes.
- Experience in Accident Investigation and Case Management of claims made to the Personal Injuries Assessment Board.
- Management of OHSAS certification programs.
- Knowledge and experience in managing ISO 45001 and 14001 systems.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health systems and surveillance would be advantageous.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work across all levels of the Organization and in cross-functional team site wide.
- Ability to influence and engage and to build constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Ability to convince others to follow recommendations and advice to bring them into compliance with regulations, standards, or policies, preferably through voluntary compliance.
- High levels of discretion and confidentiality to be exercised at all times.
- Strong computer literacy in respect of Microsoft and Google systems specifically in managing EHS metrics.
• Minimum 2 Years’ experience in a similar role • Qualified in Occupational Health and Safety • Knowledge and experience in managing ISO 45001