Keelings wish to appoint a Health & Safety Officer based across its facility in in St Margaret’s & North County Dublin.
Reporting directly to the Health & Safety Manager and working as part of a wider team of H&S and related professionals.
- Ensuring that management is advised on and understands all matters relating to the Safety of personnel, such as safe working practices, equipment
- Actively arrange to complete and review risk assessments, assessing workplace hazards, considering how risks could be reduced, formulating preventative measures including safe working procedures/safe systems of work and monitoring conformance
- Ensuring emergency response procedures are maintained and updated as required
- Carrying out regular site inspections & audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Report and Investigate incidents when they occur and ensure root causes identified, mitigated and communicated
- Provide Day to Day support to the Health & Safety Manager
- Assist with development, implementation and recording of key H&S Metrics and data analysis
- A good working knowledge of all relevant H&S legislation and keeping up to date with all developments in our industry.
- Minimum requirement is a Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety essential
- Desired Candidate should have 2-3 years’ experience
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft suite and you must be proficient in Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent reporting skills within safety documentation
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours when the need arises
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative in a busy FMCG manufacturing business working across several Business Units and open to new challenges
- In addition successful candidate will be highly motivated and able to demonstrate problem solving and decision making abilities
- Candidate must possess a full clean Irish driving licence.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent