Against the backdrop of a global pandemic, Nisbets have once again proven their ability to innovate and diversify in response to market challenges and continue to build a strong and stable business. Our ambitions remain strong as we continually seek out opportunities to expand our reach and grow our brand in existing and new markets, something we have done very successfully in the last year. We live and breathe our values and they are the cornerstone of our success. Simple – Supportive – Switched on. Everything we do is designed to cut out complexity and make life more straightforward, we are dependable and dedicated and share ideas to support and inspire our customers. So, does this sound like the kind of place you would like to work?
We are currently looking for a hands on H&S Compliance Officer to play a key part in the operational strategy function of the Avonmouth estate. Working closely with the Warehouse Management team, you will ensure all new and existing colleagues are full trained and aware of H&S procedures and policies within the business. You will ensure all data & compliance of who on shift is trained is correctly stored.
What will I be doing?
• Managing & maintaining the inhouse accident and near miss reporting system, whilst training & guiding managers on the use of this system.
• Take full responsibility for the inhouse learning management system ensuring all training & development is correctly stored/
• Liaise with external training providers to ensure the timely delivery of H&S training.
• Carry out safety audits throughout the business and meet regularly with senior management to report.
• Deliver & participate in the monthly H&S meetings and offer development suggestions for H&S best practice and standards within the business.
• Provide tangible measurables to the Head of Operations as a form of reporting each month.
• Work closely with the temporary agency provider to ensure all staff are training on H&S best practice.
What are we looking for?
• Previous experience working in a Warehousing/Manufacturing environment.
• Some knowledge of H&S legislation & policies.
• Ideally IOSH trained, although training will be provided.
• Experience in coaching & delivering basic H&S principles.
• Previous experience working with SHE software would be advantageous.
What can I expect?
We recognise that people are our biggest asset and we aim to offer a supportive work environment in which all people can thrive. You will have a buddy to support you from day one and a line manager to help you set clear objectives and develop your skill set. As a family owned business we have very much maintained that sense of family in all our teams, where we all pull together to achieve success. This has perhaps been even more important in the last year facing the challenges that a global pandemic have thrown at us. We look after you too, as an employee you will receive a really good range of benefits which includes:-
• An attendance allowance which can means up to 4 additional days annual leave or a cash bonus
• Huge discounts on our full range of products
• Colleague profit share paid as an annual bonus
Here at Nisbets, we aim high and we dream big. From a one-man operation in 1983, to the UK’s market leader today – it’s always been our determination to hit whatever goal we set ourselves, no matter how big. And we’ve done it time and time again.
We’re looking for experts. Passionate, forward thinkers who obsess about our customers as much as we do. We need strivers, trailblazers and problem solvers who are as determined to grow, develop and succeed as we are.
We’re determined to take the next step. But we need your help to do it. It’s all about you.
If you’re looking for a forward-thinking business on which to leave your mark; where your work is valued; Where you’ll test your skills and then develop them further than you thought you could – Nisbets is for you.
You’ll be pushing the boundaries with us, day in day out. You’ll work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. You’ll collaborate with a wide range of other experts around the business, bringing big ideas to life, and play a leading role in taking our journey to the next level.
We are a business with heart. From the small indie diner to the Michelin-star restaurant, Nisbets deliver the equipment they need to excel. If you join our team you’ll be working in a family-owned business that isn’t afraid to let you grow. That understands the value of innovation. And that puts our impact on the environment, our commitment to ethical trading and our determination to being a fully transparent business at the forefront of all we do.