Full Job Description
Safety and Risk Consultant – Aberdeen
We currently have a vacancy at our Risktec Aberdeen office for a Risk and Safety Engineer who has experience in risk management and process safety for either oil, gas, chemical, distillery or renewable energy sectors. The role will be based full time in Aberdeen and will involve travel around the UK and abroad.
Risktec Solutions is an established, independent and specialist risk management consulting and training company, and is part of the TÜV Rheinland Group. We assist clients in major hazard industries including oil and gas, chemical, nuclear and transportation as well as commercial and public sectors to manage health, safety, security, environmental and business risk. Our people are high caliber professionals, with a strong focus on meeting clients’ expectations and we have offices across the UK and in the Netherlands, Dubai, Muscat, Houston and Calgary. Further information is available at www.risktec.tuv.com.
Applicants should have some experience covering one or a number of the following areas:
- Participating/Facilitating hazard identification workshops such as HAZOP, PHA and/or HAZID;
- Bowtie analysis and the identification of Safety Critical Equipment;
- Demonstrating risks are ALARP;
- SIL, LOPA or RAM studies;
- Physical Effects Modelling studies; or
- HSE case development.
Additional areas of experience which are not essential but would be beneficial include:
- Project planning and management;
- Preparing / Coordinating quotations and bids; or
- Delivering training.
The successful applicants starting position will depend on the level of applicable experience.
You will be part of an energetic and driven team, and will be working in a supportive, progressive environment. Our core company values of teamwork, empowerment, integrity and solutions provide our cultural framework and encourages problem solving, decision making, flexibility and responsibility. We have an established competence framework, with regular appraisals and a defined pathway for progression.
At the same time as gaining practical experience, you will be provided with a structured training programme that can lead to recognised qualifications. Risktec consultants deliver validated courses leading to postgraduate qualifications to MSc level in risk and safety management and the opportunity to study on this course will be made available to successful candidates.
Salary and Benefits
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus 8 public holidays);
- Flexible working;
- Company-wide, inclusive profit share scheme;
- Private medical insurance;
- Life insurance;
- Up to 7.5% contribution into a pension scheme;
- Payment of subscription fees for membership of one professional body.