Full Job Description
Your New Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operational Safety Advisor to join our HSEQ Team in Birmingham. This role will be hybrid with a mix of home and office working. It will also require occasional travel to Belfast and Leeds.
The Operational Safety Advisor plays an important role within the HSEQ Team. This role will add value by providing tactical support, information, and guidance for the operations team to deliver their service in a safe manner.
The standard hours of work are Monday – Friday based on 37.5 hours.
Work-life balance and flexibility are key for our success. We empower our people to make choices that are right for them, with hybrid, part-time and flexible work patterns. And with a network of offices across the UK, we’re open to discussing working options that suit you.
You will be responsible for:
- HSEQ Strategy – understanding strategy and supporting the operational business in implementing the Amey model
- Maintaining Professional Standards – stay abreast of developments in legislation, regulation, and industry best practice & developing briefings on safety topics to cascade down to team
- Incident / Accident Investigations – support the operations team on local incident / accident legislation
- Learning and Development – understand Amey safety policies and provide guidance to the ops team
- Assurance – apply safety knowledge to observe, inspect and audit where necessary and undertake regular site inspections, carrying out risk assessments etc
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in a similar role and have worked in supporting operations team with safety requirements
- Stakeholder management experience
- Strong communication skills
- NEBOSH qualifies or equivalent
- Sound safety knowledge
- Forward thinking and resilient
- Creative and methodological in your approach
What we can offer you
When you join us, we can offer flexibility, career development, a choice of benefits and support that help you through all life’s ups and downs. It’s the reason why Investors in People put us among the top 1% of employers and we have a competitive reward and benefits program
- Career Development – Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension – Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays – Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices – Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey – Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
- Social Value – You’ll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
- Company Car / Car allowance
We embrace difference and support individuals to work in ways that work best for them.
We are committed to working sustainably and by working in partnership with the communities we serve, so people and the planet are protected.
At Amey, you have freedom to perform because we know if nothing holds you back, together, we can be extraordinary.
- We are at the heart of modern Britain, helping the economy to grow by designing, maintaining and transforming the nation’s strategic assets.
- Our 11,000 people are behind the critical services the country relies on every day.
- Our unique engineering and operations experience, together with data driven insight from our consulting business, delivers better results for our clients.
- We are trusted partners of Government – both national and local – managing assets and complex projects that are vital to the sustainable growth of the country.
To find out more take a look at our website www.amey.co.uk
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please contact our recruitment team at [email protected] to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today – We are excited to hear from you!