Full Job Description
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for providing advice, support and coaching regarding HS&E related matters based on advanced technical expertise, identifying hazards that occur in day-to-day operations, conducting self-verification activities to ensure conformance with HS&E requirements, and providing coaching and verification that HS&E systems and processes are understood, implemented and sustained.
Part of the bp Shipping (bpS) HSE team and reporting to the bp Shipping HSE Senior manager the Senior HSE Advisor will support bp Shipping in it’s delivery of HSE excellence across the business.
This varied role will support multiple teams across the business at an exciting time in bpS. The maritime industry, and bp Shipping, are playing a vital role in the energy transition; working to decarbonise shipping whilst adapting vessels and their technology transport future fuels. The role will work between Sunbury and Canary Wharf as needed.
- Drives safety culture improvement fostering a culture of care
- Establish & implement the human perfomance agenda in bpS
- Work closely with the T&S risk and goverance team on delivery of the risk management framework, particularly as it relates to new energy vectors, emerging risks and risk performance reviews
- Act as the focal point for driving risk in bpS
- Lead on HSE related self verification
- Support the business and HSE&C Investigation and Learning team as need in follow up of incidents and implementing learnings.
Required to fulfil a role in the bpS Incident Management Team (IMT) or Business Support Team (BST).
Degree in safety, science, engineering or relating discipline
NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent or working towards
Chartered Safety Professional or in progress
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Experience in a HSE lead role in a high hazard industry or maritime setting
- Ability to influence across disciplines at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- A proven self starter with an inquisitive and thoughtful approach to supporting business risk management.
- Have completed or have in progress bp’s Human Performance pathway or similar human performance qualification
- Knowledge of management systems compliant with any of the following: ISO 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and ISM Code
- Knowledge of a risk based approach aligned to bp’s Operating Management System (OMS) relating to process safety, contractor management, road transportation safety, self verification & health risk management
Trading & Shipping
Job Family Group
Yes – up to 10%
TRADING & SHIPPING
Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world.
In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, fuelled by world-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy trader.
Join us and help us achieve these goals by:
- developing and continuously evolving a globally diversified portfolio that accesses new markets, commodities and commercial opportunities
- collaborating with our business groups to provide innovative commercial and marine solutions that add value to bp’s assets and flows
- delivering high-quality earnings and creating an organisation that is swift to identify and optimise market insights
- navigating a new era of energy for our planet, by sea
- acting with respect and integrity at all times, with the people we work with and the markets we operate in
- maintaining a comprehensive, rigorous and holistic risk control framework that ensures we operate in a safe, compliant and efficient way at all times
- empowering the deep expertise and leadership of our people
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic background, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.