Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Health Supervisor to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
To plan and supervisor the daily activities of the Occupational Health administration team and associated activity – ensuring that an effective and efficient service is delivered within SLA agreements and in accordance with BBUK policies and procedures.
What you’ll be doing
As a Occupational Health Supervisor, your main responsibilities are as follows:
• Support the team through coaching and 121s to ensure that a high performance culture is embedded. Ensure the team have the relevant systems, equipment and training to effectively perform their role;
• Ensure the service is delivered in line with service measures. Ensuring quality checks are carried out and control points are maintained. Daily workloads are prioritised and Service Requests are managed effectively through the BMC system Track day to day service delivery and effectively reprioritise where required. Identify areas of underperformance and work with the Operations Manager to resolve;
• Ensure all contract accounts are managed effectively and invoices processed accurately and paid on time;
• Work closely with the HSES team to ensure the key activities are completed efficiently and accurately. Build effective working relationships with our customers and relevant contracts and suppliers to encourage partnership working;
• Act as a first point of contact for Service Escalations – Effectively identify and resolve escalations, work with the Operations Manager to ensure that route cause analysis is complete, communicated with the team and improvements made to prevent reoccurrence
• Who we’re looking for
The Following Qualities And Experience Are Essential
• Communicates well both verbally and in writing;
• Flexible approach to work and is a team player with a track record of successfully prioritising work and managing time effectively;
• Excellent organisational skills;
• Ability to record information accurately and at speed;
• Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks;
• Proven leadership skills;
• Desire to provide Customer Excellence;
• Experience of the coordination of others and activities;
• SME in Occupational Health.
• Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
We support each other to deliver and succeed, placing equal value on all perspectives by embracing diversity and inclusion. Together we deliver powerful new solutions, collaborating with governments, our customers and partners to shape thinking, create skylines and inspire a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers’ Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.