You’re working in health & safety as you want to make a difference. You have a desire to create meaningful change – but is your business supporting you to accomplish that?
This business, a global construction and development organisation, know that their future must be a safe and sustainable one. The board are ready for innovation to take place and are looking for someone like you to be their pioneer.
Day to day, you’ll be putting your experience and expertise setting realistic and meaningful health & safety objectives into practice on an exciting construction project. You’ll work closely with the project leadership teams to ensure a collective vision that extends beyond systems and compliance to focus on people and behaviour, helping to create a positively reinforced learning culture.
- A confident and experienced influencer – You’ll be the functional H&S lead on an exciting megaproject, responsible for embedding continuous improvement into the company strategy and engaging with the divisional board.
- Organised and happy to be hands-on with the day to day requirements of the role – You’ll be working closely with the project leadership teams to ensure H&S is a key factor in the lifecycle of this development, from design through to completion.
- Commercially aware – You will be supporting the production of bids for new projects, making sure that you’re positioning the business in line with clients and their H&S objectives.
- An innovator – You’ll thrive on new ideas and challenging traditional methods of working. You’ll win the hearts and minds of a variety of stakeholders, both internally and externally, to ensure operational teams take accountability and ownership of H&S performance.
In terms of experience;
- It’s important that you have experience working in the built environment, either in construction, civil engineering or property management.
- It’s essential that you are a German speaker, ideally a German national, who understands local H&S legislation and culture.
- It’s vital that you’re technically proficient – SiGeKo accreditation is essential for success.
- If you can demonstrate that you’re able to build relationships at every level, from building site to boardroom, that will go a long way.
- Some creativity and evidence of collaboratively solving problems in your current health & safety role is welcome.
You will initially be based in Rostock, overseeing the successful completion of this project. The good news is that the organisation has a strong pipeline of work in the region, so there will be plenty more exciting projects to come!
In return for your skills and expertise, you’ll be met with a salary of up to €90,000 dependent on your experience, a car allowance or company car, and a discretionary bonus. You’ll also have some peace of mind. This organisation hasn’t been affected by recent events and is pushing ahead with its growth and hiring plans.
If this has piqued your interest, get in touch with Jonathan Goldsmith at [email protected] to discuss the role. Don’t worry if your CV isn’t ready yet – we can work out the finer details later.