We currently have an exciting opportunity for a flexible individual to join our team as Regional Health and Safety Officer covering a region in the north and west of England, north Wales and Northern Ireland. You will join us working 35 hours per week and in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £32,363.41 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2019 we helped around 191,000 cats and kittens, an average of more than 520 per day.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Health and Safety team at Cats Protection. The team consists of four Regional Health and Safety Officers reporting to the Health and Safety Manager and sits within the People and Engagement Directorate. Working together to ensure the safety and health of our employees and volunteers at our centres, shops and across our network of volunteer branches.
Responsibilities of our Regional Health and Safety Officer:
As the Regional Health and Safety Officer you will undertake regular visits to centres and shops to ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health; ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to and effectively communicate any updates or reviews and ensure risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees and volunteers are aware of their responsibilities.
What we’re looking for in our Regional Health and Safety Officer:
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent and membership of a professional body
- significant experience in the health and safety sector – ideally gained in public sector, facilities or charity environment
- a commitment to excellent standards of care
- a pragmatic approach to health and safety combined with excellent communication skills
- the ability to build strong relationships and influence change
What we can offer you:
- salary of up to £32,363.41 per annum plus excellent benefits
- generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- life assurance scheme
- range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as ourRegional Health and Safety Officer and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly.
Closing date: 08 June 2021
Virtual interview date: 16 June 2021