Full Job Description
Health and Safety Risk Management
Shaping culture is in the DNA of ITV. So, it’s not surprising that you’ll find us in every home in the UK, our productions are famous all over the world and we’re at the forefront of the digital streaming revolution.
When you join us, you enter a fun working environment. With opportunities to learn, to grow and make a real difference. Small enough that your impact’s felt in the business, but big enough that your impact reaches millions of people.
Come develop your skills, change TV and the course of your career. Don’t just watch it. Be part of it. Join ITV.
Your impact sends ripples.
The Health and Safety Risk Management department for ITV is responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing our health and safety policies and procedures for our Hub sites, productions and International territories to ensure that the risks associated with our operations are minimised and that we operate in a safe and healthy environment for everybody involved.
The role is to support the Health & Safety Risk Manager in providing Health and Safety advice, guidance, and training, as well as managing specific projects for the continuous development and improvement of Health and Safety Management. The responsibilities include representing ITV on cross-industry groups, leading investigations, managing projects, delivering training, deputising for the Health and Safety Risk Manager, organising and chairing local committees, and overseeing routine inspections and assessments. The role requires working with key stakeholders throughout the business to ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
Skills you’ll need (minimum criteria)
- Successful candidates need to have gained a minimum of Technical Membership of IOSH and attended and passed all taught elements of a qualification required for Graduate Membership Status (an occupational safety and health qualification equivalent to the European Qualification Framework (EQF) Level 6)
- Relevant and demonstrable experience in a Health and Safety role
- Experience delivering a high level of Health and Safety training
- Experience in effectively managing projects with stakeholders from across the business
- Experience in chairing meetings and collating reports
- Experience in investigating accidents and near misses and documenting them appropriately.
Other things we’re looking for (key criteria)
- Demonstrable problem-solving approach to addressing difficult issues with flexibility and pragmatism to adapt to business requirements.
- Demonstrable understanding of the concept of the business making decisions regarding acceptable inherent risks relating to activities.
ITV is for everyone.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from disabled people. As a Disability Confident Leader, if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you are disabled, we’ll guarantee to take you to the next stage* (minimum criteria above).
We’re happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application and selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments. Drop us a line if you require anything at [email protected].
- There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.
Because those who make an impact deserve to be rewarded for it.
ITV offers some great rewards and benefits including
- Flexible working with a range of options
- Generous holiday allowance, plus you can buy more
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Competitive pension contribution
- Save as you earn – with an opportunity to buy ITV shares
- Wellbeing and volunteering days plus a wide range of opportunities to help you live a balanced and healthy life
More about our benefits
Closing date: 29th October 2023