Job Title: Senior Occupational Health Advisor
Location: Newcastle (based on-site)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Part Time – 4 days a week
Salary: Up to £36,000 with excellent benefits
Optima Health is a UK market leader in the provision of Occupational Healthcare and wellbeing services. Our aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of the UK workforce by supporting healthy high performance in our client organisations, helping them to achieve their full potential through their people.
We deliver comprehensive services, including absence management, fitness for task assessments, health surveillance, vocational rehabilitation, and wellness programmes, as well as a full range of diagnostics and treatments.
We are a forward-thinking, rapidly growing organisation who are keen to invest in people and support them to ensure their long-term career progression. We are a company who are going places and we want you to come with us!
• Undertake workplace assessments and report on potential risks to health
• Advise employees on health problems
• Follow-up employees absent through illness or injury to assist in their effective return to work
• Provide an occupational health advisory service to managers and employees
• Undertake pre-employment and fitness for work screening as appropriate
• Undertake health surveillance for appropriate employees when required
• Liaise with company health and safety management on occupational health matters
• Work with Wellbeing manager and contribute to health & wellbeing campaigns for employees
• Coordinate and support defined occupational health and wellbeing activities
• Maintain knowledge of all professional nursing and occupational health matters
• Lead by example and be an inspirational role model for the Optima Health values – One Team, Take Responsibility, Deliver on our Promises, Professionalism and Excellence, Continually Learn and Develop
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
• Must be a Registered Nurse with experience in Occupational Health
• An Occupational Health qualification is desirable, but not essential
• Occupational Health experience working with large clients, ideally in the public sector
• Experience or qualifications in HAVS (Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome) would be a benefit
• Experienced Occupational Health Advisor with ability to work on own initiative
What Can We Offer You?
• Competitive Salary
• Ongoing CPD Training
• 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
• Renewal of Professional Memberships
• Great Pension Scheme
• Eye care test vouchers
• Fantastic reward scheme where you can purchase things with a percentage off, such as dining out, tickets for events, travel.
• Car discount scheme
• Buy and sell holiday scheme
• Life assurance
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation.