Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European leader in the payment and transactional services industry. With innovation at the core of its DNA, Worldline’s core offerings include pan-European and domestic Commercial Acquiring for physical or online businesses, secured payment transaction processing for banks and financial institutions, as well as transactional services in e-Ticketing and for local and central public agencies. Thanks to a presence in 30+ countries, Worldline is the payment partner of choice for merchants, banks, public transport operators, government agencies and industrial companies, delivering cutting-edge digital services. Worldline’s activities are organized around three axes: Merchant Services, Financial Services including equensWorldline and Mobility & e-Transactional Services. Worldline employs circa 12,000 people worldwide, with 2019 revenue of circa 5.3 billion euros. worldline.com
UK Health and Safety manager
At Worldline, our technology addresses persistent challenges of the payment world. We design and operate leading digital payment and transactional solutions that enable sustainable economic growth and reinforce trust and security in our societies. If you are a highly-skilled Health and Safety manager, then get ready to join our company.
We have many hardworking and dedicated peers that would love for you to work with them. We are committed to continuous improvement. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve quality, reduce costs, build excellent solutions, and grow customer happiness. We would like to welcome an organized, innovative and process driven colleague to our team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Maintenance and on-going management of the Worldline UK Health and Safety Management System, its implementation and monitoring
• Review and maintain H&S strategy for Worldline in the UK
• Ensure a Lone Working policy is in place where necessary
• Monthly reporting to the Executive and other stakeholders.
• Ensuring Legal requirements/obligations are met. Including having the appropriately responsible persons on each site. (e.g. H&S reps, First Aiders and Fire Wardens)
• Involvement in quarterly Site Forums for all Worldline sites
• Accident Investigation (Second Line), advice on legal reportable serious accidents (i.e. Riddor) and producing period reports on volumes and incident types
• Work with facilities managements team at each site to manage site safety and issues arising
• Review Risk Assessments (created by others) and advising those who create and maintain them
• Carrying out twice yearly audits. Reporting of major and minor non-conformities and ensuring managers carry out associated corrective actions in a timely manner
• Review DSE Work Place Assessments as required (both office and homes of home workers)
• Training logs to be monitored and ensure that H&S training requirements are met
• Carrying out periodic (Monthly) Workplace inspections. Reporting of major and minor non-conformities and ensuring managers carry out associated corrective actions in a timely manner
• Advise managers on their responsibilities for any contractors they have carrying out work for them
• Ensure that appropriate staff are trained in and provide advice and guidance as appropriate in the following areas, amongst others:
• New and Expectant mothers
• any PEEPS that are required
• Fire Wardens including reviewing twice yearly emergency evacuations
• Training/Legal Guidance/Advice on Manual Handling
• correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Tool Box talks as required
• ‘working at height’ including ensuring periodic ladder checks are completed
Signs of success
• Delivering the knowledge required for all staff to have a safe working environment
• Enabling a working environment with close to zero accidents and near misses and prompt investigation and improvement recommendations from any
• You seek to continuously improve health and safety processes which are easy to understand and follow whilst not compromising safety
Skills we can’t do without:
• Minimum qualifications: NEBOSH – General Certificate and IOSH – Managing Safely
• 5+ years of managing health and safety in office or similar environments
• This role covers H&S management at all UK sites (currently 7 in England and Scotland) and therefore the ability to travel and sometimes stay overnight is an absolute requirement as is a current clean driving licence
• You are structured, rigorous and can demonstrate your ability to communicate Health and Safety concepts at a business and executive level
Skills we’d like:
• In addition to office environments, we also have an assembly plant for kiosks and we have staff and contractors who need to work on and around retail and leisure facilities, railway stations and other transport facilities, so some experience of health and safety in these environments is highly desirable
• Experience of delivering Health and Safety training is also an advantage
More reasons to join us
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect an excellent range of benefits. These include: a rewarding salary, 32 days’ annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive pension scheme plus many more. We also operate a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to purchase discounted products and services.
What’s more, we really value Innovation, Cooperation, Excellence and Empowerment. These values are reflected on our daily work. This is the core of our organization. At Worldline our top priority is to engage, encourage and develop you to help you improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programs in place demonstrating our dedication to developing your career.
Our success comes from strong skills, new insights, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men from Worldline. Not only do they represent the Heart and Face of our company, they are also key players in our success. We make leading our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The 20 000 employees of Worldline are all different but share the same values. You can see it in the way we behave. We are curious and humble – we are learning every day, we keep things simple and everyone engaged. In our fast-moving industry, we are adaptable and life-long learners. Everyone demonstrates the same dedication to quality and efficiency. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of service. Above all, we never turn our back on a challenge. These values nurture a dynamic and innovative team where everyone can develop and grow