We have a fantastic opportunity for a Health and Safety Trainer to join our Training Delivery team. As a Health and Safety Trainer it will be your role to support the Training Delivery team in the development and the delivery of training courses to ensure the operational safety and capability of colleagues across the business, satisfying both current and future strategic needs of the business.
Job ID: 16306
Location: Leigh, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
- Design and develop Health and Safety learning solutions in line with legal and regulatory business requirements
- Work with business subject matter experts and wider industry working groups to develop course content and supporting material that is applicable to UU.
- Development of schemes of work and lesson plans for each course.
- Delivery of training to colleagues within the business.
- Review of approach and success of training.
- Assessment of competence of colleagues within the business.
- Time spent within business areas developing technical understanding of the business.
- Liaison with UU H&S Team to understand course content needs and input in to policy / procedural development.
- Management and maintenance of personal and professional development.
Knowledge and Skills
- A good understanding of mandatory and essential training requirements across the business
- An in-depth knowledge of Water Industry legislation and related H&S policies and procedures.
- The ability to develop content to match immediate business needs, utilising existing knowledge, business contacts and research.
- Self-motivated with the ability to communicate well with field staff and management.
- Relevant H&S and/or Technical qualification e.g IOSH, NEBOSH, Level 3 Management of Health & Safety in the Workplace, time-served in a relevant Technical discipline
- Experience in delivering training and undertaking assessment of competence relating to H&S disciplines such as Working at Height, CDM, Working on the Highway
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to facilitate management of own workload
- Ability to analyse data and provide recommendations if required
- Ability to confidently challenge where appropriate
- Working knowledge of blended training solutions
- Recognised Teaching and/or Assessor qualification e.g. Level 3 Award in Education and Training, TAQA Award
- Recognised and relevant Instructor certificates, qualifications or accreditation in relevant disciplines ie. Confined Space Instructor, Safe Working at Height Instructor, SCBA Instructor, Slinging & Lifting Instructor
- Recognised Internal Quality Assurance qualification.
- Based at Leigh Training Centre but the role will require frequent travelling to our training centres at both Bolton and Carlisle, as well as delivery at other sites across our footprint from time to time.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.