As a Community Safety Officer at Sage Homes, the largest provider of new affordable homes in England, you will be responsible for improving and supporting our neighbourhoods for Sage customers, and the wider community. We are looking for a talented and innovative ASB (Anti-Social Behaviour) specialist to investigate reports of anti-social behaviour and domestic violence.
This role will involve conducting the investigative groundwork and to manage cases through to resolution. You will lead cases and work closely with our Housing Manager and Homes Officer, who support the complainants and victims of anti-social behaviour. You must have the ability to build strong relationships with the Police and partner agencies to provide joined up multi agency responses. You will be managing housing cases from start to finish and your work will result in achieving positive outcomes for our customers.
You’ll be home based with regular travel required to visit our homes in Hertfordshire and the surrounding areas, and to attend occasional meetings in our Northampton office.
- Act as an advocate for Sage customers on housing/ASB management issues and liaise with relevant departments to ensure housing enquiries are resolved.
- Pro-actively investigating and resolving instances of low – high level ASB cases.
- Building effective professional relationships with internal and external partners to tackle and prevent ASB (Anti-Social Behaviour)
- To support the Community Safety Manager and Head of Resident Services in delivering the ASB communications strategy, raising awareness amongst colleagues, residents and key partners.
- Leading on investigations, supporting and developing the Housing Manager and Homes Officer to provide excellent customer service to complainants.
- Supporting continuous improvement and increased satisfaction.
- To ensure that case work is of the highest quality and ensure that residents feel supported throughout the process.
- Interview and challenge alleged anti-social behaviour perpetrators to discuss the reports, explore causes, assess risk, and discuss solutions.
We offer a wide range of benefits in return for your dedication and passion. They include:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 25 days holiday (not including bank holidays) with an extra day for every year’s service (up to 30 days)
- A health cash plan to help you pay for the cost of routine healthcare such as going to the dentist, opticians or the physio
- A workplace pension scheme, matching personal contributions up to 5%. You’ll also receive life assurance for four times your annual salary
- Free, confidential one-to-one counselling (online) with qualified therapists, counsellors, life and career coaches via the MyndUp platform
- Cycle to Work scheme: letting you save 26-40% on a bicycle and accessories. You pay nothing up front and the payments are taken (before tax) from your salary monthly
- A great social life with regular events and parties
- Free fruit and vegetables delivered to your home
- Full access to Perkbox with free and discounted deals all year round
- Experience working as an Community Safety / ASB Officer.
- Experience in providing an excellent housing/Anti-Social Behaviour management service and hold a good understanding of housing law and legislation.
- Customer centric and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and organised.
- Good people skills and empathetic, you will be speaking with customers who are facing difficult situations.
- Hold a full valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle suitable for business purposes
Get the career you want
At Sage Homes, we want you to have the best career you can. You’ll be supported and guided at every stage as well as having access to exciting learning and development opportunities as you grow.
We truly care about the outcomes we deliver; creating safe and environmentally friendly places for people to flourish. Sage Homes is a fast-paced and supportive environment where ambitious and proactive individuals thrive.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £34,000.00-£38,000.00 per year