Full Job Description
Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM UK & Ireland is recruiting an Occupational Health and Safety Advisor to join the Team. This role will be to primarily support construction operations in our Northern region and based out of our Leeds or Manchester Offices.
The position will involve a mixture of working from home, on site and working across our northern construction business. Travel will be necessary around the north of England.
Advise all levels of management on the following:
- Preventing injury to personnel and damage to plant and equipment.
- Further improvement in existing safe working methods.
- Legal requirements relating to safety, health and welfare.
- Provision and use of protective clothing and equipment.
- Potential hazards arising from new contracts before work starts.
- This includes safety organisation arrangements and fire precautions.
- Changes in legislation.
- Liaison with internal and external parties
- Carry out inspections and audits and advisory visits
- Investigate accidents and incidents to determine causes and report on findings.
- Conduct safety training for all levels of employee
- Keep up to date with recommended codes of practice, safety literature and changes in legislation.
- Maintain contact with official and professional bodies
- Foster within BAM the understanding and culture that safety and accident prevention are an integral part of business and operational efficiency.
Who are we looking for?
- The successful candidate will be working within health and safety and the construction or allied industries for a minimum of three years and looking to continue your progress within health and safety.
- Chartered or Graduate Member of IOSH
- NEBOSH or equivalent qualification
- A degree is preferable but not essential.
- PTTLS or AET.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint plus other digital technologies.
- You will be self-motivated and committed.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Research and written reporting skills.
- Ability to conduct in depth incident and accident investigations and present and report on findings.
- Time management and organisation skills to a high level.
- Ability to present to both small and large groups.
- Clean UK driving licence is essential as you will need to visit sites all over the north of England.
- Occasional ‘overnight’ stays will be required.
What’s in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Your work environment
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We’re on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Who are we?
The art of building is about building for communities; it’s about building for life.
Where others stop, we go further, leading the way towards a sustainable tomorrow for us and future generations. As an industry leader, we raise the bar.
Our values: sustainable, inclusive, collaborative, reliable and ownership, enable us to achieve our ambitions. Today, tomorrow and every day.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
BAM is committed to ensuring a fully inclusive recruitment and onboarding process, so if at any time you feel we need to do something to make it more accessible to you, do not hesitate to speak with one of our team, and we will do our best to support you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person