Full Job Description
The overall purpose of this role is to assist to maintain standards by carrying out site inspections, H&S audits and to assist to maintain compliance with existing Integrated management systems, to ensure compliance with license requirements, site working plan, keeping up to date with existing and new legislation. The candidate will also carry out monitoring activities, investigate incidents and report to the department head. Additional aspects of the role are to develop the candidates’ own abilities and knowledge with a view to assist the department goals in ensuring best practice is implemented across Re-Gen group sites.
- Carry out safety inspections and H&S audits at other sites under the remit of Re-Gen Holdings
- Investigate accidents and incidents and report to department head.
- Complete, review and consultation relating to the risk assessments process.
- Complete, review and consultation relating to the COSHH assessment process.
- Complete, review and consultation relating to the DSEAR process.
- Assist to maintain the document controls required to maintain compliance with IS0 9001, 14001, 45001 systems.
- Assist to maintain various documentation in regards keeping up to date with license’s requirements.
- To identify training needs and assist to schedule and facilitate training.
- Carry out internal monitoring of environmental hazards such as noise, odour, and dust.
- Review and monitor existing polices.
- Design and deliver toolbox talks.
- Attend Health, safety, and environmental meetings with various internal and external groups.
- Enforcement of site rules
- To perform the job in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably required from time-to-time.
- Two-years’ experience in a similar role
- NEBOSH- National general certificate
- Member of IOSH Technical member or above
- Proactive, effective, and motivated team player who can demonstrate a strong capability of engaging with the workforce and be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Calm and works well under pressure in tight deadline situations, displaying exceptional organisational skill Must possess strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience of working to ISO standards.
- Must be able to demonstrate a keen interest in continually improving our Health, Safety and Environment performance.
- Must hold a current valid driving license and be willing to travel as there may be a requirement to support or cover other operations.
- Interest in Environmental aspects
- Degree in Environmental Health
- Diploma level qualification (NEBOSH or equivalent)
- Train the trainer
- Internal Auditor
- ITSARR instructor
- Industry experience in one of the following industries- construction, engineering, manufacturing, waste management
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Company Pension Scheme, Healthcare Plan, Employee Perks Card, Free On-site car parking, Canteen Facilities, Career Development Opportunities
Re-Gen is an equal opportunities employer who employs a workforce with members from all sections of the community and is committed to appointing candidates purely based on merit.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- NEBOSH General Certificate (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Ability to Commute:
- Newry (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Newry: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 09/02/2024