Full Job Description
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations.
Our Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) organisation partner with a range of global customers, working closely with major airlines such as British Airways, easyJet, Wizz Air, Iberia, Vueling, Air Canada, Etihad and Qatar.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Health Safety Environmental & Laboratory Supervisor you will play a key role in enhancing the Health and Safety culture within the business. You will use your knowledge and experience to monitor and control risks, whilst ensuring the organisation meets current safety and environmental standards (UK Gov & SAFRAN).
- Support the Health Safety Environmental & Laboratory Supervisor in formulating HS&E solutions to support Safran business requirements and compliance with Health Safety & Environmental (HS&E) legislation and/or regulations
- Monitor site HS&E Policies and Works Procedures. Communicate change and work with employees and business teams to ensure a consistent and sustained approach to compliance.
- Promote the HS&E culture within the business, including but not limited to completing Risk Assessments and General Planned Inspections. Supporting the leadership team in business initiatives to ensure safe systems of work.
- Support SAFARN HS&E campaigns, targeting identified risks, identifying suitable HS&E training requirements, effectively and efficiently dealing with queries from internal colleagues, regulatory bodies and customers.
- Assist business teams in the collection and analysis of incident related data and the production of KPIs, reports, identify trends and recommend actions.
- Investigate and complete root cause analysis of HS&E related incidents, including identifying necessary steps to prevent a recurrence, including documentation control of investigations and actions taken.
- Arrange HS&E testing, evaluations and audits of the workplace by external agencies as necessary. Use audit feedback and develop action plans with Facilities & Maintenance to close out findings and ensure compliance.
- Working as part of a team to coordinate with HR on the appropriate HS&E training of personnel in relation to their roles, including but not limited to First Aid, Working in Confined Spaces, Face Fit Testing, etc.
- Assisting management and employees on HS&E issues including coordination and development of the roles of the Company Health and Safety Committee and the First Aid /Fire Warden Teams. The activity will include chairing the meetings and the compilation of minutes for both meetings and the pursuance of actions to successful conclusion.
- Working as part of a team to assist in the implementation and sustainment of the Safran HSE Standards into the business in the periods set.
- NEBOSH general certificate qualified desirable but not essential
- HSE experience preferred
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001 & ISO 14001 Management Systems
- Knowledge of current HS&E legislation.
- Risk Assessment trained.
- Good cross-functional communication skills
- Good Project Skills – Implementation of new systems / procedures / Close-out / Review / Sustain
- Flexibility – open to improvements and change.
- Experience of working in a lower tier COMAH facility is beneficial
Our Gloucester site is a centre of excellence, dedicated to the maintenance, repair and overhaul of landing gears and associated components for civil, military and helicopter aircraft. With over 220 employees, the team support the overhaul of more than 350 legs per year, with a dedicated team of engineers to support customers on-wing when issues emerge in service.
Our employees are at the heart of our success, as we work together for our sustainable future. There are four people fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues
Safran Landing Systems Services offers a range of benefits to support you in and out of the workplace:
- We work a shorter day on a Friday!
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy and sell holiday
- Annual bonus & Share scheme options
- Pension scheme (up to 8% match) and life assurance (4x salary)
- Benefits portal – health and wellbeing, lifestyle, technology and self-development courses.
- On-site parking, self-service restaurant and chill-out area with games
- Involvement in STEM and community activities, inter-company sporting events and wellbeing initiatives
What’s my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV and cover letter, and if your experience matches what we’re looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We’re committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.