Every year the Health and Safety Executive publishes statistics related to health and safety at work, including cases of death, illness, and mental health within the workplace.
We’ve summarised some of the key points from their statistics below
- 0.6 million work-related stress, depression or anxiety cases (new or longstanding) in 2018/19
- 147 fatal injuries to workers in 2018/19
- 69,208 non-fatal injuries to employees reported by employers in 2018/19
- Those working in electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply industry (SIC D) have the highest rate of self-reported work-related ill health and non-fatal injury
- £15.0 billion was the annual cost of work-related injury and new cases of ill health in 2017/18 (this excludes long latency illness such as cancer)
You can download the full document here for more statistics and data.